Breastfeeding is a breeze for some and a real struggle for others.
There are many reasons for this, most can be assisted naturally.
When there is an issue with milk supply I address the following possible causes with Mamma.
1. Firstly I always recommend is getting the babies mouth/ tongue assessed, to rule out tongue ties or oral issues causing bub to not latch or suckle correctly, as this can result in low out put of milk.
2. Secondly I address Mamma's nutritional intake, ensuring she is eating good amounts of all macros (carbs, fats, proteins) & micro's (vitamins & minerals etc). And also ensuring she is drinking lots of water & eliminating dehydrating drinks/foods such as caffeine & sugary foods.
As much as many "professionals" will say it doesn't matter what Mum eats in respect to milk production, I have seen time & time again, simple adjustments in the diet can really enhance milk supply & quality!
3. Thirdly I check with the mum about their breastfeeding environment. Are they sitting, connecting with bub when feeding, or are they on the phone or running around with other siblings? Our mind & body connection is such a strong one, and the simple act of taking time to sit and "enjoy" breastfeeding can trigger your body to produce milk. Now I know in some instances this can be hard, especially when you have other children that need you too. I found personally that the second time round with bub number 2, you definitely dont always get that "quiet" feeding time!
4. Fourthly I check mums over all health, stress, digestion, immune etc
5. After all the above factors are addressed in consult, then we look at herbal galactagogues, to boost milk supply & quality.
My favourite formula is Oriental Botanicals Breastfeeding Care. It has a beautiful blend of nourishing tonics to support milk supply!
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THIS BREASTFEEDING FORMULA!
#breastfeeding #newmama #pregnancy #birth #milk #breastisbest #milksupply #mother #family #attachmentparenting #naturalparenting
Welcome lovely Mamma's!!! I am so glad you are here to share my motherhood journey! I hope to inspire and guide you, to help raise yo...
Chocolate pops! Mis Amelia was asking about "lolly pops" again!!!! My god when this kid gets something in her head she doesn'...
This little quote the first time I saw it gave me such a huge sense of RELIEF! . I am constantly thinking: why am I so stressed & anxi...
Playdough recipe (2 ways) Little Miss Amelia was very thrilled with her playdough yesterday! She played with it for literally 3hrs!!!! I h...