My ultimate, favourite eco-friendly & natural baby item!
Modern cloth nappies are not only environmentally friendly, but they save you a tone of money, they are gentle on your little ones bottoms (as they don't contain all the nasty chemicals that disposables do), they look super cute and are so easy to use & clean- much easier and more effective than the old school cloth nappies, and less leakages too!
Earth Bubz will be stocking MCN value packs for Mamma's that wish to go full time or part time with cloth nappies!
And as with all our products we will only be stocking the brands we know, trust and use on our babies!
Some facts & FAQ's.
- Did you know a disposable nappy lasts 300 years in landfill?
- Most bubba's use over 6,000 nappies in just the first three years! Think about that! Imagine how many stinky nappies are sitting in landfill right now and that mountain of soiled nappies is growing as we speak!
- The average nappy contains dozens of chemicals, such as chlorines & bleaches, synthetic fragrances & "moisturises"which include phthalates (which are endocrine/hormone disruptors), chemical crystals (SAP super absorbent polymer) which contain petroleum and some nappies even contain formaldehyde in the glue lining! Definitely not something I want to be putting on my babies bottom!
- The average Mamma spends over $3000 on nappies in just 2 & 1/2 years. Cloth nappy packs range from $300 - $600 (depending on part/ full time usage). So even buying the most comprehensive pack is still a huge saving & even if only used with one child! But use these nappies again with your next bubba and the savings are phenomenal!
- Cloth Nappies do not completely take / pull the fluid away from the bottoms (as disposables do), which may not sound like a great thing, but this actually is a good thing, as it assist with toilet training. When the time comes, your child will recognise and associate the "wet" feeling with the passing of urine sensation, which in-turn assists with the cognitive recognition of when they should "go to the toilet". And as long as you are changing the nappy as recommended and using night appropriate nappies for better absorbency, you shouldn't get nappy rashes.
- Ensure you choose a good quality MCN, like the ones we will be stocking at Earth Bubz, to ensure the fit is correct and the materials are absorbent enough, so to avoid leakages and so they will last through all your children's years!
- Keeping a good wash routine for your MCN's is essential for bubba's hygiene and nappy longevity. Ensuring you follow the manufacturers wash and care instructions will also ensure you are getting the most out of your MCN's and will also ensure that you are looking after the environment. We recommend dry pailing, then machine washing (at least every 2 days) with a natural washing powder, on cold or warm (no hotter than 60 degrees) and line air drying in the sun where possible, if weather doesn't permit tumble drying on low is also an option.
If your still not convinced well then just take a look below at how cute the MCN prints are, that'll persuade you I'm sure!!!
Feel free to drop me a comment with any questions you have or to show your love for cloth nappies!
ONLINE SHOP COMING SOON!